Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yaaayyy!!! Look at what I made!


There is this awesome Vietnamese restaurant in West Valley that my mom is a regular at and she is so kind to take me to when we can. I can't ever remember the name of it, but Maggie and Van own and run it and they are the best! They make this awesome vermicelli with chicken dish, i think it is a chicken salad of sorts and I love it! We try to go there every time I am up there, and the kids are even liking it.

So I got this great idea that I could make it. I decided to try it out on group of my girl friends for the first time. This I realized should have been tested out before serving it to others but I was feeling pretty confident. So I found a pretty good looking recipe and took it to Maggie to get her approval. She seemed to think it would work fine, and said it was pretty close to what she does. She gave me some tips and sold me a couple of bags of noodles and I was on my way.



This was my finished product. It came out really good if i do say so myself. The girls all liked it, and so did my family. I think this will become a regular dish at my house. Yaayy for Vietnamese food! And me too! Thanks Maggie! *the picture above is not Maggie*

2 comments:

Jess said...

Delish!!!

Carpenter Column said...

That was very good - and I'm glad I have your blog now! Are you proud of me for finally updating! Sheesh that took way too long...I can't wait that long any more!